Earthquake Safety Picture Hooks Product #: Safe Hold Picture Hooks
More Products By: Safe Hold
Help Small Brands Grow by Pinning Them -
UPC Code: 111111111111
Shipping Weight: 0.2 Pounds
Product Views: 85236
Picture Lok has been designed as the safe and simplest way of hanging your pictures and mirrors to protect for earthquakes . Picture Lok Security Picture Hangers Poster, mirror and artwork
Press Release: In Earthquake Country, it's Best to be Prepared
Wizard Industries provides advice on securing wall contents to reduce the risk of injury and damage
You can't foresee an earthquake or escape from its wrath; you can, however, reduce the risk of injury and damage to your home by securing wall hangings now before it's too late.
According to daretoprepare.org, an earthquake readiness campaign, the ground swells and rolls of major earthquakes easily can knock heavy pictures and mirrors off the walls. This can be especially dangerous in the night if these unsecured items are located close to a bed, a child's crib, or during the day if they are located close to a chair or sofa. Cut feet from broken framing glass and mirrors is one of the most common injuries resulting from major earthquakes. Securing pictures helps prevent this common injury.
"Mirrors, framed pictures, and other objects should be hung with safety hooks or hangers so that they can’t bounce off the walls. Only soft art such as tapestries should be placed over beds or sofas, and smaller hooks are appropriate for security," said Billy Carmen, CEO of Wizard Industries and distributor of Safe Hold Picture Lok, a safety and security hanger designed for wall hangings. "Besides avoiding damage to your home in the event of an earthquake, the of Safe Hold Picture Lok is a preventative measure for the safety of your family."
According to Carmen, security hangers such as of Safe Hold Picture Lok can be easily installed and fitted for all your hanging wall items. In order to ensure maximum benefit from of Safe Hold Picture Lok®, please follow the following fitting instructions carefully.
1. Fix of Safe Hold Picture Lok to wall with a hammer using the hardened steel pins provided.
2. For heavy pictures or extremely hard surfaces, Carmen suggests using appropriate 4mm screws instead of pins (separate holes are provided for screws). Insure that wall is of sufficient strength and condition to hold hook and picture.
3. Hang picture cord onto the hook in the normal manner and straighten.
4. From above and behind the picture frame, screw down the locking screw until the cord is trapped in position, thus reducing unwanted movement and theft (do not over tighten).
5. Carmen suggests one of Safe Hold Picture Lok for every 0.6m (24") width of frame (e.g., for large paintings: 1.2m (48")+, use 2 Picture Loks -- one on the left and one on the right).
"With the most recent earthquake in California, it's important that residents in earthquake country know what they can do to prepare their home and lower the risk of injury and damage," Carmen said.
For more information on of Safe Hold Picture Lok or Wizard Industries, please contact Billy Carmen at (866) 781-8033 or Billy@wizind.com
About Wizard Industries
Wizard Industries, a manufacturing and marketing company for new and innovative products, not only works almost exclusively with the personal business sector, but is a personal business itself. Formed by Billy and Julie Carmen in 1999, Wizard Industries works with new product creators to get their products patented, manufactured, distributed and marketed. For more information, visit www.WizardDistribution.com
Earthquake Picture Hangers
Choose From Packets:
||"Earthquake Safety and Security Version"
Heavy Duty Set of Two Picture Lok's
(For large size framed items up to 60" wide using two Heavy Duty Picture Lok's or up to 30" wide using a single Heavy Duty Picture Lok's )
||Medium Duty Set of Three Picture Lok's
(For medium size framed items up to 30" wide using two Medium Duty Picture Lok's or up to 15" wide using a single Medium Duty Picture Lok's )
||Light Duty Set of Five Picture Lok's
(For small size framed items up to 15" wide using two Light Duty Picture Lok's or up to 7.5" wide using a single Light Duty Picture Lok's )
||Light Duty and Medium Duty Picture Lok's
Five Light Duty and Three Medium Duty
Out of sight when fitted.
• Reduces unwanted movement.
• Easy to fit using pins supplied.
• Suitable for hard wall surfaces.
• Made from reinforced heat resistant plastic (safe for use above radiators).
||Picture Lok has been designed as the safe and simplest way of hanging your pictures and mirrors to protect against accident and theft. In order to ensure maximum benefit from your
Picture Lok® please follow the following fitting instructions carefully.
1. Fix Picture Lok to wall with a hammer using the hardened steel pins provided (use of protective goggles is advised).
For heavy pictures or extremely hard surfaces we suggest using appropriate 4mm screws instead of pins (separate holes are provided for screws) screws not included. Insure that wall is of sufficient strength and condition to hold hook and picture.
2. Hang picture cord onto the hook in the normal manner and straighten.
3. From above and behind the picture frame, screw down the locking screw until the cord is trapped in position thus reducing unwanted movement and theft (do not overtighten).
4. We suggest one Picture Lok for every 0.6m (24”) width of frame e.g. for large paintings 1.2m (48”)+ use 2 Picture Loks, one on the left and one on the right. (max load 8kg)
May we also suggest
UPC Code: 111111111111
Be the first to write a review
of this product.
[Read Press Release]
[Printable Product Sheet]
[Product Sales Manual - Not Available]
[Write A Review]
Product Statistics Points: 85236 since 7/29/2008
View Information On The Points Tabulation Process